There are currently no paid opportunities available at Peace One Day. Please check again at a later date.
Peace One Day is looking for a Campaigns Intern to work alongside our Campaigns Team. The individual will support both UK and Global Outreach – contacting organisations globally to help us to raise awareness of Peace Day, 21 September and to help grow our latest initiative, a mobile phone application to promote a more peaceful and sustainable world.
You will need basic knowledge of development, excellent research and communication skills, ability to write emails fluently and clearly, ability to handle language barriers creatively and, importantly, you will be confident in speaking to people from all walks of life. You will be able to thoroughly and accurately manage data. You will also be expected to fulfil other ad hoc duties as part of the Peace One Day team.
● Accurate and detailed research, data entry and management
● Regular communication and engagement with a wide range of stakeholders
● Proficient in Microsoft packages and Google Docs/Sheets.
● Strong written and verbal communication skills
● Interested in the role of music and dance in development
● Well-organised, quick to learn, flexible
● Ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines without direct supervision
● Excellent people skills, ability to work as part of a team and on own initiative
● Ability to work in a fast paced, demanding environment
● Confident speaker with good telephone manners
● Capable problem solving, use of initiative and creativity
● Good research skills (web based)
● Great understanding of international politics and cultural sensitivities
● Interest and sympathy with the aims and activities of Peace One Day
● Be able to handle language barriers creatively
At Peace One Day, we believe in covering your travel expenses for the commitment you are giving to us.
Unfortunately we are unable to sponsor visa applications, so you must have the right to live and work in the UK in order to be considered for any position at Peace One Day.
Internship for immediate start for a period of approximately 2-3 months.