What information does POD collect
How POD uses your Personal Information
Your Personal Information may be used in the following ways:
- to display your name, age (if provided), country, category of affiliation (e.g. individual, school, corporation or other) and your Peace Day commitment on the Website;
- to fulfil your requests for products and services, such as the content available through the Website and newsletters and other electronic alerts;
- to allow us to process your donation;
- to send you information you agreed to receive about topics we think will be of interest to you;
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us;
- to communicate with you regarding transactions conducted through the Website (including the online shop), any co-branded internet website or for other internal purposes;
- to analyse usage patterns of the Website in order to determine which areas our users find most valuable to them and to evaluate ways to improve the Website; and
We may, pursuant to any consent given by you, also permit selected third parties to use your data, to provide you with information about goods and services which may be of interest to you and we or they may contact you about these.
With whom is your Personal Information shared
POD may share your Personal Information:
- with its affiliated entities, including for the purpose of such affiliated entities notifying you from time to time about their products and services which they believe you may find valuable or of interest (if you would rather not receive this marketing information, please contact POD using the contact details listed below);
- with third party vendors, suppliers and subcontractors (such as website hosting companies and credit card / payment processors) for the purpose of providing you with products and services, including, without limitation, the Website, the Website Content and the Services;
- in the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;
- when required by law, such as when POD responds to subpoenas, court orders or legal process or to protect the rights, property or safety of POD, our customers, affiliates or others; and
Opting-out of receiving messages from POD
POD will only send you unsolicited emails if you have given POD permission to do so. If POD sends you unsolicited emails, the email will enable you to register an opt-out to receiving other emails from POD.
The safety of children is very important to POD. No information should be submitted to or posted on the Website by children under the age of 13 without prior parental consent.
Your rights with respect to your personal information
You have a right under the Act to a copy of all the Personal Information about you held by POD. You also have a right to correct any errors in that information. You also have a right to prevent POD from using your Personal Information for direct marketing purposes.